Koondrook Primary School encourages involvement from parents, friends and community members. There are many ways in which you can be involved and contribute to your child’s education, such as:
- volunteering in the Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Program
- helping run the Perceptual Motor Program (PMP)
- listening to children read
- supporting teachers in the classroom
- coaching & helping at sporting events e.g. Swimming Program, Swimming Sports & Athletics
- volunteering for Friday Sport
- gardening and grounds maintenance
If you wish to help at our school please speak to the principal – Amanda Bradford or your child’s classroom teacher.
Working with Children
Volunteers at our school must obtain a Working with Children Check. The Working with Children Check is a minimum checking standard set by the Working with children Act 2005 for those who work with children. To be a volunteer at the School a Working with Children Card provided by the Department of Justice is required. The card is valid for 5 years & free of charge for volunteers. The process for gaining a working with children check is quite simple and free for all volunteers and can be done online. If you require help with the application, please come and see us.
The School Council provides a forum for the needs of the local community to merge with the Government’s responsibilities in state education.
- Determining the education policy, goals and priorities of the school through the Strategic Plan and the Annual Implementation Plan
- Approving the school budget
- Maintaining and improving buildings and grounds
- Reporting annually to the school community and DET
- Fundraising for a variety of school purposes
School Council is composed of eight members elected by the parents of the school, and four members of staff. This council is the governing body of the school and is responsible for the maintenance of the school buildings and grounds, the allocation and spending of government grant monies, curriculum policies, the welfare of pupils and teachers and the future planning and development of the school. Elections are conducted each March at the Annual General Meeting of parents.
School Council meets every third Monday of the month at 7.30 pm. All welcome.
School Councillors 2021
PRESIDENT Tracy Brennan
VICE PRESIDENT Stephen Ralston
SECRETARY Sophie Lake
ASSISTANT SECRETARY Courtney Dean
EXECUTIVE OFFICER Amanda Bradford
Mates Royal Hotel Raffle
One of our fundraisers is a raffle held at Mates Royal Hotel, Koondrook. Parents are rostered on once a year (when possible) to the Mates Royal Hotel Raffle in small groups. A roster is sent out at the beginning of the year and reminders are published in the school newsletter on a fortnightly basis. All money raised from the raffle goes directly back to projects within the school and the students needs.
Working Bees are held occasionally at the school to maintain the school grounds and gardens as well as support projects. Working Bees will be advertised in the school newsletter.